Prior to joining Hammond Neal and Moore, Matt practiced immigration law in the Columbus, OH area for several years. Matt helps companies of all sizes, from start-ups to multinational companies, develop customized solutions that help them grow their workforce through employment based petitions. Matt mainly works with IT, engineering and staffing companies, helping them to file their H-1B, L, O and TN petitions and helping their employees get on the path to a Green Card through labor certification (PERM, I-140, I-485).
Matt obtained his B.A. from the College of Wooster in 2006 and his J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2010.
Matt grew up in a Procter & Gamble family and lived overseas for over 8 years. Matt has lived in Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Germany. It was during these years of living abroad that Matt learned to appreciate the struggles that someone goes through when they work and live in a foreign country. It has made Matt eager to help those that are going through similar situations. Matt’s love of soccer started in Germany where he played for SG Bad Soden’s youth team and followed him all the way through to him playing for Wooster’s Varsity Men’s team.
Once he returned to the U.S., Matt grew up in Cincinnati and went to Indian Hill High School. Matt was a member of the Men’s Soccer and Lacrosse teams. Matt is a fan of University of Cincinnati Bearcats basketball, Cincinnati Reds, and F.C. Cincinnati but could never fully adopt the Bengals and is a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D.)
- College of Wooster (B.A.)
- Ohio (2010)
- S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (2012)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- The L-1B Visa Then and Now: How the Policy Memorandum on L-1B Adjudications Policy has changed the adjudications of the Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge Visa Going Forward. com Immigration Daily September 3, 2015 Issue.
- IT Staffing Companies Can Meet the Requirements of the New STEM OPT Rules. com Immigration Daily May 23, 2016 Issue.
- Will the New Portability Rules Help You Get a Promotion? com Immigration Daily Feb 7, 2017 Issue.
- How The E-2 Visa Aligns With Trump’s Immigration Goals. Law360
- Presenter, Hammond Neal and Moore 2017 Seminar on Global Talent: New Immigration Challenges, New York/New Jersey
- Presenter, ITServe – Synergy Annual Conference 2019, Chicago, IL