Hammond Neal and Moore (HNM) has been a trusted legal advisor to foreign investors and entrepreneurs for over a quarter-century. We understand not only the ins and outs of the immigration law as it pertains to investors, but our attorneys have deep knowledge of a large number of industries so we can tailor immigration solutions that are pragmatic for investors and entrepreneurs who wish to establish or purchase a U.S. business enterprise. Further, we are experienced in collaborating with corporate and tax counsel, as well as business advisors and agents to architect the immigration strategy that best suits the overall objectives of the enterprise.
Our client portfolio in this area is diverse and we represent companies on investor related cases that range from large, name recognizable publicly traded companies to mid-sized and small companies as well as start-up companies funded by families or venture capitalists. We’ve seen some of our clients grow from less than a handful of passionate and visionary foreign-born investors to large vibrant organizations with anywhere from dozens to hundreds of employees. When we counsel such clients, we examine both short-term and long-term options with the objective of helping the investor to evaluate the pros and cons of each immigration option and provide maximum visibility as to how the case will likely unfold. We also help them to engage in risk assessment and mitigation.
Our investor and entrepreneur clients are also geographically diverse – many companies from Europe, Asia, South America and Africa, as well as North America (Canada and Mexico) have engaged us to handle their immigration matters. The industries that these clients are also diverse, with concentrations in the logistics and freight forwarding, manufacturing, consulting, information technology, and healthcare industries.
Some solutions that we provide include but are not limited to the following:
TEMPORARY VISA SOLUTIONS
• Using the B-1 (business visitor) category and its ESTA/Visa Waiver counterpart to scope out and make initial arrangements to set up the investment;
• Securing L-1 (intracompany transferee) work visas for executives, managers, and specialized knowledge employees with multinational organizations that establish a U.S. office, including handling “new office” L-1 cases;
• Securing E-1 (treaty trader) and E-2 (treaty investor) work visas for foreign nationals and foreign companies that make a substantial investment in a U.S. company that the foreign national of that nationality majority own and which is supported by a qualifying treaty with the United States.
PERMANENT VISA SOLUTIONS
• Executives and managers who have spent at least one qualifying full-time year of employment physically outside the U.S. and have a U.S. offer by a commonly owned and controlled U.S. company that has been doing business for at least one year may enjoy a relatively streamlined path towards permanent resident status via a Multinational Manager or Executive I-140 Immigrant Petition process;
• Foreign nationals who make a very substantial investment in a U.S. enterprise and create or save jobs for U.S. workers can potentially qualify for an EB-5 investor based permanent resident approval; and
• Our team has over the years also been able to secure permanent resident status for high-profile executives who qualify via an Extraordinary Ability or National Interest Waiver Immigrant Petition approval.
Our investor and entrepreneur legal team is led by partners, Douglas Halpert, Esq. and Lisa Galvan, Esq. Mr. Halpert is often willing to donate time during an initial free consultation to listen to potential U.S. investors and identify which solutions they may wish to explore further. He may be reached at 513/287-5806 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a streamlined overview. Do not rely solely on this information to make business decisions. Instead, consult with one of our HNM attorneys to advise you. This is not an offering or solicitation for any security or business interest. Hammond Neal Moore, LLC acts as an attorney only and only upon execution of a client agreement.