Address Change

Guide to filing an Address Change with the USCIS
United States law requires that most non-US citizens report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11, Change of Address. is the link to the USCIS Online Change of Address website page.

The only persons exempt from this requirement are those who are in the United States on A or G non-immigrant status and certain non-immigrants who do not possess a visa and whose current stay in the United States has not exceeded or will not exceed 29 days.

If you have moved, you need to follow two different steps:
Step 1: File the Form AR-11, which changes your address in the USCIS master database.
Step 2: If you have a pending case you must change your address with the USCIS Service Center where your case is pending as filing the Form AR-11 does NOT change your address with the Service Center. In order to change your address with the Service Center you must contact USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283 and follow the prompts.

The AR-11 can either be filed electronically or by mail.

If you choose to submit the completed Form AR-11 by mail please send it to the following address:
US Department of Homeland Security
Citizenship and Immigration Services
ATTN: Change of Address
1344 Pleasant Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22801

If you choose to submit the Form AR-11 electronically please click on the link above.